Position: Fundraising Manager
Location: Santa Cruz La Laguna, Sololá, Guatemala
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Job Posting Date: August, 2023
Amigos de Santa Cruz has been working in the seven remote communities of Santa Cruz La Laguna, on and above the shores of Lake Atitlan in the Central Highlands of Guatemala since 1998. Our mission is to improve the lives of the indigenous people of Santa Cruz La Laguna and surrounding villages through support for education and sustainable economic empowerment. Amigos focuses on this one small corner of the world to help break the generational cycle of poverty. Read more here: www.amigosdesantacruz.org
We are a small organization that has a history of accomplishments and an excellent relationship of respect and trust among the communities that we work with. Our four program areas include: Vocational Training, Youth Leadership and Sex Education, Women’s Empowerment, and Support for Formal Education (including scholarships and early education). We also manage two social businesses, Manos Cruceñas Artisan Store and graduate-run Café Sabor Cruceño. We serve a total indigenous population of approximately 9,500.
This is a particularly exciting time to be joining the Amigos team as we embark on a new endeavor with the potential to make a big impact on access to quality of education in Santa Cruz. The Fundraising Manager will be key to bringing this new endeavor to fruition!
The Fundraising Manager will play a key role in developing and implementing Amigos’ strategic fundraising priorities and communications plan, as well as helping to identify and capture program impact that supports fundraising efforts.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting, able to manage multiple projects with flexibility, and excited to grow with the organization. They will have a background in fundraising, development and communications for non-profits, and experience in impact analysis is also a big plus. The position reports directly to the Executive Director, oversees the Communications Associate, and works closely with local staff leadership and program staff.
Development & Fundraising
- Develop and lead the organization’s annual fundraising plan, communications strategy, and chronogram of yearly fundraising activities with the goal of increasing donor retention, deepening donor engagement, and meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Coordinate strategy and messaging for semi-annual online fundraisers.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Program Directors to translate impact data (including quantitative data from the Medida Participant Database) into meaningful, evidenced-based storytelling.
- Support drafting compelling grant applications and reporting; manage a robust grant tracking system.
- Support the Executive Director to identify, engage and steward prospective, new, and existing donors as well as develop and manage giving programs including corporate matching, monthly donors, and legacy donors, among others.
- Support the organization’s upcoming capital campaign.
- Provide presentations and tours of building and programs to visitors and donors.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the Communications Associate in areas including graphic design, newsletter and annual report content development, management of the organization’s website and social media, management of the donor database, and other areas as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Amigos de Santa Cruz and the power of education to end the cycle of poverty in rural Guatemala.
- University degree in International Development, Communications, or a relevant field.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working with non-profits and community-based programs, including experience in fundraising, communications, and grant writing. Experience in impact evaluation is a plus.
- Experience living and working in Guatemala is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with experience collecting and synthesizing information to develop compelling stories and cases for support.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to analyze and interpret data as evidence of program impact.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and project management abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to interact in both Spanish and English with a wide range of actors including local staff, program participants, visitors, donors, and board members.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with donor relations software such as Constant Contact, Little Green Light, MailChimp, Stripe, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create dynamic written and visual content for a variety of audiences; attention to detail in design and copy.
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and high attention to detail.
- Team player with intercultural experience and sensitivity, a sense of humor, and flexibility to take on different tasks and projects as needed.
- Willingness to work in remote communities where travel can be difficult.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is based on Guatemalan professional standards, including paid vacation, holidays, and flextime. This position offers significant opportunities for professional development and growth, travel, and great personal satisfaction.
Before applying, please visit our website at www.amigosdesantacruz.org and familiarize yourself with the organization. To apply, please send your cover letter, résumé, salary expectation, and references to Jessie Cohn, Executive Director, at [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Fundraising Manager.’ The cover letter should 1) Be specific to this position and 2) Highlight work and educational experiences that qualify you for the position. Your resume should emphasize professional roles that demonstrate your skills related to the position.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND INTERVIEWS CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS UPON RECEIPT.